Stack Testing Technician
With over four decades of experience, the stack testing department at Interpoll Laboratories has performed more tests on a wider variety of sources than nearly any other testing firm in the nation. Our stack testing staff members have more experience than any other stack testing firm, with an average management tenure of 24 years and average field engineer tenure of 12 years.
The candidate selected for this position will team with a Stack Testing Engineer to collect air emission samples from smoke stacks located at ethanol plants, corn mills, utility companies and pulp & paper mills as well as many other manufacturing facilities.
The Stack Testing Technician position is entry level and responsibilities include:
- Performing EPA test methodologies accurately.
- Preparing solutions and equipment needed to collect samples.
- Maintaining and calibrating, assembling, operating, and repairing of stack testing equipment.
- Transporting equipment and samples to and from jobsites meeting DOT/CMV driver requirements.
Candidates must be able to work in all types of weather conditions and comfortable standing, kneeling, climbing stairs and ladders, and lifting up to 75 lbs. on a frequent basis. Some work will be at significant heights. Work days are frequently in excess of 8 hours and weekend work is rare.
Overnight travel and field work is required as the majority of work is performed within a 400-mile radius of Circle Pines, Minnesota.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license. Must have/maintain a clean driving record.
- A technical degree or bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (Environmental, Chemistry, Biology, Physics). No experience required.
- Ability to work at elevated heights including smoke stacks, scaffolding and aerial lifts.
- Capable and willing to work outdoors in varying conditions for extended periods of time while wearing personal protective equipment including boots, hard hats, safety glasses and fall protection systems.
- Must be mechanically-inclined, eager to learn, and a self-motivator. Strong problem solving skills required with the ability to learn procedures with minimal training.
- A flexible working style and willingness to modify personal schedules as needed to meet project deadlines and client needs.
- Must meet Department of Transportation standards for CMV drivers, including a physical exam and substance abuse screening. As a safety sensitive employee, is subject to random substance abuse checks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to interface directly with team members and clients.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Applicants must be able to work in locations similar to construction sites and enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Safety training will be provided.
Interpoll Laboratories offers several health plan options as well as a 401k retirement plan. We also provide life insurance, long term disability insurance, holiday pay, paid time off, uniform allowance and per diem.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
Contact: Margo Nelson MNelson@interpoll-labs.com